We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Sunday 22 July 2012

Simon says stamp, anything goes/summer colours

Hello there, we do like our challenges here in The House of Bears.

This time it's Horace here to showcase his make for the latest Simon says stamp challenge blog which can be found Here






I began making my card with an image from a stamp we used to own, of a vintage lady. I'd stamped her in brown, which obviously was not very conducive to a summery feel. So I needed to brighten things up a bit. What better than greens and orange to depict a summers day (well, a summer day anywhere but England!!!)

I made the stamped image into a topper with flowery patterned paper from our stash, I'm not sure what make it is as we didn't have the details with it. I have a furry feeling it may be Basic Grey though.

I added the topper to a card blank which I covered in patterned paper from the same paper stack, added a couple of pieces of green wavy cut card to mimic ribbon, and to finish the card off, a lovely bright orange flower from our stash.


Looking forward to the next challenge, I wonder who will draw the long straw to blog about it?

With love from the bears 🐻

2 comments:

  1. Oooo very pretty, look at you an your easel all posh.:) gorgeous colours. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo very pretty, look at you an your easel all posh.:) gorgeous colours. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)