We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Sunday 14 October 2012

A Little Bit of Time

Oh! Hello there, Horace here again. You've caught me in the middle of contemplating a half finished art journal page!




The left hand side of this was completed some time ago, when we first ventured into art journalling, but not knowing that it was better to complete double pages, we were then left with the dilemma of what to do with the blank right hand page staring woefully up at us every time we wanted to admire our work.




'Never fear, Horace is here' , said I, in my bravest bear voice, and set to my best contemplating pose...... Blue background, hmm, okay, but pretty ordinary and too simple for this arty bear...




So I added some random stamping




Resorting to our tried and tested stamping method; if it won't print, sit on it! I'm wondering if we should trademark this special move of ours?




I took some time to admire my stamped background, but the page needed more. So I cut some rabbit and butterfly embellishments from our Alice papers, to match the rabbit on the left hand side.




I thought the rabbit running in circles and alternately appearing and disappearing depicted his panic at time disappearing before his very eyes.




Here's a close up for you.



Thanks to being inspired by the very talented Butterfly I'm going to enter this into Crafty bloggers, Anything goes challenge

and

Eclecticellapu's anything goes challenge


I hope the other bears appreciate my hard work. I'm exhausted now, I must have a little bear snoozezzzzzzzzz
With love from the bears.

7 comments:

  1. This is brilliant... just love your creation and the bear so cute. Thank you so much for sharing over at Eclectic Ellapu
    Elaine (Founder)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project imply gorgeous. Thanks for joining in on the fun on our first challenge over Eclectic. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs
    Berni,DT
    eclecticellapu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - a super creation, love Alice in Wonderland and I love those rabbits. Horace is a very clever bear :). Thank you for joining in our first challenge at Eclectic Ellapu .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant work, Horace... I love that you've created a whole new page, with a flavour of its own, and yet there's a sense of continuity from the opposite leaf - that's some very inspired journalling. So glad I've encouraged you to play - get this great work out there! Have a great week (oh, and expect a challenge entry very shortly...).
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, interesting! I love your stamping technique (cute)! This is a creative and beautiful project! Thanks for sharing with us at Eclecticellapu!

    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Horace - great to see that you got to the bottom of that page conundrum !! Ali xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)