We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Thursday 20 December 2012

December Bloggerations Day 20!!!! Horace Plays Along with the Dragons

Hello there, Horace here with a Festive tag for the challenge at Dragonsdream blog. I do love their challenges and try to take part in as many as possible, attempting to beat the other bears to the desk when each new challenge is posted.

The challenge this time is for a Christmas tag, no recipe, so I decided to see what I could come up with. I was so desperate to create something before the other bears could that I forgot to take any pictures until I'd finished crafting!



I stamped an image, which had come free with a magazine (I do like my magazine freebies) then coloured it in with my Spectrum noir pens. The tag background was made by smooshing a tag through Podgy's misty glittery mess whilst he was creating his peg card holders. I do like to make use of the other bears leftovers.

After stamping and colouring my image, I die cut a swirl shape and inked it in Barn Door Distress ink, then covered it in clear glitter glue. I glued the swirl onto my tag base, which had been stamped with some random swirl stamps. For a festive finishing touch, I also stamped and glittered some holly images and added a sentiment. I used 3d sticky pads on the fairy girl image, to make her really stand out.

I had such fun making this tag, and would like to thank the team at the Dragons blog for hosting this fab challenge throughout the year.

Oh, what would the bear blog be without a posed picture of me with my craft creation? Happy to oblige!!!



With love from the bears.

8 comments:

  1. Well, well - 20 out of 20 so far - I'm very impressed bears! And I love your tag, Horace - so cute!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horace you are a legend and such a talented crafter

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bears thanks for stopping by my WOYWW - just to send all the bears a big Christmas hug & say how much I enjoy your blog - looking forward to seeing what projects you get up to in 2013 !
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab tag. I have got that stamp too and used it to make some cards. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely image, great tag. Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream Tag It On.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag, Love that image, Well done Horace! Thank you for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream... Merry Christmas Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute. Thanks for sharing at tio

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tag Horace, thanks for sharing with us at Dragons Dream TIO. Merry Christmas to you all. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)