We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Scrumply Crumply Tag

Hello there, Horace here with a crumpled background tag for latest challenge over at Smudgy Antics.


You can't really see the crumpled effect on my tag, and I didn't take a photo as I created it, so, in true bear style, here's another background I made in the same way....

First I crumpled up a perfectly good and un creased tag, even though it had done nothing to deserve such treatment.



Next I opened up the tag, and swiped a blue distress ink pad directly onto it.


I then spritzed the inky tag with some water, to displace the ink over the rest of the tag.


Next I heat dried my tag. If you watch the delectable Tim Holtz's tutorial of this technique you'll see he uses an iron to flatten his tag. We don't own a craft iron, and Wilbear would be tearing his fur out with anger if I used his precious laundry iron, so I just smoothed the tag with my furry paw as I heat dried it.


Voila, one blue, crumpled inky tag, oh, where did that pink crumpled ATC appear from?


Anyway, that was the basic principle behind my entry for the Smudgy Antics challenge. One Kraft tag, crumpled smeared with dark red distress inks, I then added more red distress ink to the flattened tag with blending foam. I stamped and cut a Paper Artsy stamp, added the image to the tag, stuck on some zigzaggy washi tape and hey presto. One entry for the challenge.


As for what I have on my furry head? Well I bought myself some deely boppers ready for Red Nose Day, otherwise known as Comic relief day. Don't I look especially cute?


With love from the bears.

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag Horace - the background is gorgeous. I love your scrunchy technique. :-)
    You look fabbo in your 'deely boppers'.... far better than a red nose :-D
    Great to see you playing over at Smudgy Antics :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great technique. I must try some of your messier ideas some time when I want to get REALLY inky. (Well, that's my excuse - I'd get inky anyway.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the technique and the head gear is very cool.

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tag. And the headgear!
    Thanks for your visit today.
    Just to let you know, Dad was fine at hospital getting transferred to Respiratory medicine, so back again Friday and again Monday next week. They don't seem too worried so we are not worrying yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful crumpled tag! I don't know how your paws aren't inked stained! Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for visiting my blog! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great crumpled tag! Doesn't it feel wonderful to get all inky? I do hope the ink comes off your paws easily enough. I always enjoy it when you play along with Smudgy Antics and your deely boppers look great. The red goes so well with your fur :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool Tag, Great crumpling and fab image. Thanks for playing along a Smudgy Antics :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun is this right? wonderful tag and love the image. Thank you so much for playing with us at smudgy antics.
    susan salyer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Horace what a fabulous tag you have made! I really love this technique it makes a gorgeous background.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Smudgy Antics xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the deely boppers - had no idea what they were called! The bears will have to do some classes; they're getting very technical!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Horace i do so hope you cleaned up after yourself and that your paws were cleaned before dinner.
    Great crumbing and love the image you used.
    Thanks for playing at SMUDGY ANTICS this time. BDx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)