We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Friday 12 July 2013

Alcohol ink exbeariments

Hello there, it's Horace here with you today to share a technique I read about in this month's Craft Stamper magazine. The idea was to fold a piece of copy paper as many times as possible, then ink the edges with distress stain until it bleeds through the paper. Well I did this, then thought, ' hey, I wonder if this will work with alcohol ink and cardstock'. Being a bear of enquiring mind, I had to try it.




I'm also letting you into the secret of how the bears manage to keep their paws clean despite their inky exploits - rubber gloves!




I folded, dripped ink into the creases, unfolded, refolded to an undecorated creased edge, re inked.......until I achieved this effect, wow.




I then tried the technique as suggested in the magazine, with paper and distress stains. Ooh I like that too. I would suggest maybe letting your paper dry between folds though, as the constant squidging of distress stains onto thin paper makes for a very flimsy substrate!




I do love to craft in the garden on sunny days, don't you?




Once the cardstock and paper were dry, I rubbed distress ink over the white areas.




What a great technique. I do love Craft Stamper magazine for inspawration.




Now I just need to use these creations in a project or two. Why don't you have a go and see what effects you can produce? It's great fun.
With love from the bears

5 comments:

  1. I love your exbearimenting, bears! This looks so cool and beautiful! I sure will give this one a go!

    Hugs,
    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great effects and such a simple idea, thanks for sharing bears x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a great idea Horace and thanks for the tip on the rubber gloves :) Off to try the inks and the stains and see what happens

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harrumph... doesn't seem to want to give me any pictures except the first one at the moment... I shall return!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant results Horace. Great tip about the rubber gloves too..Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)