We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Saturday 6 July 2013

Musically Challenged

Hello there, it's Pooh here with you today to share some VERY exciting news. We have been invited to be a part of a design team!!!! A very exciting design team too. Have you seen the new Musically Challenged Blog? Well, it's just fab, and we are now design team membears. We are not worthy.
For our first DT stint, the chosen video was Chris Isaak, Go Walking Down There. Now the idea is to watch the video and gain inspiration for your art work, see, told you it was fab.
I was lucky enough to work with a Sassy studio stamp for this challenge, wow, they have some great designs. After watching the video, the stand out detail for me was all the yellow in the chorus. The video, coupled with the Wicked Witch Sassy stamp, got my furry cogs working overtime. First I paw cut my image, and laid her on my journal to map out my idea.

Next I selected various shades of yellow acrylic paints and some texture paste ( have you guessed where this is going yet.)

I mixed the yellow ochre paint with my texture paste, YUCK,

It doesn't look too healthy does it?

After adding a little medium yellow acrylic to the mix, the paint looked a little less sick - making, and I began to spread it onto the page, through our brick mask.

I wanted to create a path that wandered away from the witch.

The video features a lot of daisies, how serendipitous that the bears recently pawchased a daisy punch. I cut my flowers from old book pages, the book was all about flowers, how apt.

I colour washed the page with yellow ochre mixed with a small amount of medium yellow acrylic. Oh no, now the path is not defined enough.

No matter, my trusty charcoal pencils came to the rescue.

Now for my journalling. One of the lines of the song is 'look at all you happy people, wish I could be like you.' I was going to incorporate all of this onto my page, but I really wanted 'happy' to be my last word, so I took a little Poohetic licence, and made my own sentiment. I wanted the word happy to stand alone, out of reach of poor sassy witch, so I created a cloud for it to float on.

I colour washed said cloud.

Then dabbed an almighty gloop of paint off. For a more ghostly effect.

I decided the overall background was a little bland, so stamped a Kaisercraft background stamp over it, I didn't use a stamping block as I didn't want a uniform effect to the background. I wanted it to depict the frustration of the witch in being unable to achieve happiness.

Ooh look, I created a nice drink for Podgy too, how kind of me.

I coloured my witch, and adhered everything to the page. I then showed my creation to the other bears, they said 'oooh' whatever that means!

Here's a close up

I do hope you enjoyed my first DT stint, I certainly did.
With love from the bears

6 comments:

  1. Oh, bears - congratulations!! I'm so excited to hear you're now membears of a DT - so well deserved, and what a fabulous first make too - wonderful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see how this was created...I was super curious! thanks for the info and I'm so happy to have you on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huuuuuuuge CONGRATS to you Bears... the DT with be awesome with you on it. :-D
    Fabulous creation - love how you did the road :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for being chosen for the Design team bears but well deserved.

    Your fist creation is just wonderful

    Locve Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fab techniques - great explanation too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful creation! I really love the texture.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)