We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Thursday 7 November 2013

Play time revealed


Hello there, following on from yesterday's mess, I thought you might like to see playtime in process. I was creating a page in the small art journal, and I texted the cub to ask which medium she thought I should use for the background. She suggested Watercolour crayons and I complied. I started by applying purple crayon through our fab new mask that we won in our blog candy.


I scrubbed some crayon over


The swiped it through with a bearby wipe. I then smooshed the stained wipe over the blank bits on the page to disperse the excess colour.


I ripped up some pages of text from Alice in Wonderland and glued them on with golden matt medium



I wanted to use this image, which we've had for a while but not yet used. I coloured her with the Spectrum Noir pens, does anyone else find these pens a bit of a disappointment? Some of ours are very dry, despite little use and being stored correctly. Anyway, I used the colours that still worked, then decided to place the image on the right hand side of the journal.



My page needed some extra background decoration, so I added some stamping, this time trying a new, more random technique, I call this the nose press.


Here's the background before the corrugated card was glued down. I rubbed yellow watercolour crayon between the white space of the mask for added interest and colour.


Of course, to a bear more is more, so I spritzed some Dylusions through an alphabet stencil.


And again but with some purple dylusions.


Eventually I added a stamped word, which I shall embellish into a quote as soon as I find one, I want it to represent the bears' struggles to find a balance with studies, art, illness and resting enough.


With love from the bears

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful background and a great reminder for me that I have some water crayons--hardly used :(

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great effect. I love your new stencil.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)