We blog, we bake.
We craft, we create.

Thursday 15 January 2015

Jarred Off

Hello again. After yesterday's post telling you all about my Lifebook journal jar, I thought you might like to see the finished product. I think when you last saw it the jar was completely undecorated. I started by gluing on some sheet music and old Jane Austen book papers. I then Gessoed over the jar, and scribbled on some neocolour 2 crayons. These were blended with a damp paintbrush.

I had some flower stamps which I had never used, this was the perfect project for them as they are long and thin. I stamped fairly randomly over the jar on all sides. Then I was stuck wondering how to finish the jar.







I didn't want to write on the jar but I wanted it to reflect the fact that it would be a jar of memories. I looked through my stash and found a book of mini text. Rather than write one word or sentiment, I thought I'd go for broke and add every word that went with the theme.





Around every side.





Sometimes accidentally repeating words, oh well.





I had an awful lot of words that were apt.





I thought I should use a sentiment for the top, Tam, who hosted this Lifebook class used the phrase 'jar of awesome' but awesome is not a word I use. I didn't want to write 'perfect' so went with the simple statement ' my year'.





I've started filling the jar already. At first I thought I should write down one good thing every single day, but realised this was setting myself up for failure, and spoilt the spontaneity of the project. What if I just add things as they happen. Some days I may find three lovely things to write about, other days may pass without me adding anything, that's okay.





At the end of the year, or periodically through the year, I can open my jar and read lots of lovely happenings. What a great way to lift the spirits.

With love from Horace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog. We read and treasure each and every one and always try to return visits. Please don't post spam, it will be deleted as bears much prefer chocolate! :)